A quick and complete guide recommended for Social Media Image Sizes for 2019.
You don’t need to be told how important your social media images are.
In fact, a recent survey found that 36% of marketing specialists plan to spend more than a third of their budget solely on visual content. The volume and quality of social media images that your brand needs to compete with also continue to increase in 2019 as well.
That is why we gather the latest and most up-to-date sizes of social media images in this handy guide.
So, here are the ideal image sizes to use on social networks in 2019:
And if you’re looking for more information about the header image sizes of social networks, see How to choose the perfect cover photo for social networks.
Even as the world’s most popular network, Facebook has become increasingly visual, as well as increasingly mobile-oriented.
It is still a “social” social network in the background, so it is recommended that professional users avoid going too commercial or directed by products with images. Instead, try to convey the human side of your brand and, as with all networks here, use the best possible resolution and shoot to get the optimal dimensions of Facebook posts.
Recommended Facebook image sizes for 2019:
- Facebook profile picture size: 180 x 180
- Facebook cover photo size: 851 x 315
- Facebook link image size: 1200 x 628
- Facebook image post size: 1200 x 900
- Facebook highlighted image size: 1200 x 717
- Facebook event image size: 1920 x 1080
- Facebook video size: 1280 x 720
- Maximum Facebook video length: 240 minutes
- Facebook ad size: 1280 x 628
- Facebook video ad size: 1280 x 720
- Facebook Story ad size: 1080 x 1920
A visual network since its inception, Instagram is where marketing specialists can consent to their photographer and internal filmmaker. Instagram stories are getting all the attention lately, but you can still easily win eyeballs with static images: one tip here is to use filters.
Be sure to use the three available orientations (square, horizontal and vertical) and compose your photos accordingly. However, keep in mind that this variety also makes using the correct dimensions of Instagram posts crucial.
Recommended Instagram image sizes for 2019:
- Instagram profile picture size: 180 x 180
- Instagram photo sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
- Instagram Stories size: 1080 x 1920
- Minimum Instagram video sizes: 600 x 600 (square), 600 x 315 (landscape), 600 x 750 (portrait)
- Maximum Instagram video length: 60 seconds
- Minimum Instagram image ad size: 500 pixels wide
Gone are the days when your concise observations were enough for you to notice on Twitter. Tweets with images are retweeted 150% more than those without. Here you need flashy images to stand out in a fast-moving news source. Easy to read infographics but full of information are a visual tactic that brands can use to increase engagement.
Recommended Twitter image sizes for 2019:
- Twitter profile picture size: 150 x 150
- Twitter header size: 1500 x 500
- Twitter post image size: 1024 x 512
- Twitter card image size: 1200 x 628
- Twitter video size: 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
- Maximum Twitter video length: 140 seconds
- Twitter ad size (image): 1200 x 675
- Twitter ad size (video): 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
Many companies make the mistake that LinkedIn is the insipid professional network where their profiles do not need the surprise factor of others. While it is true that brand loyalty and clarity are the most important elements here, a beautifully presented LinkedIn profile is an invaluable asset and a business card for your brand.
Aim for polished, maximum resolution pictures. If recruitment is a goal, use your image real estate to show off your company’s best side.
Recommended LinkedIn image sizes for 2019:
- LinkedIn company logo size: 300 x 300
- LinkedIn cover photo size: 1536 x 768
- LinkedIn Dynamic Ads size: 100 x 100 (company logo)
- LinkedIn Sponsored Content image size: 1200 x 628
- LinkedIn profile picture size: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn background photo size: 1584 x 396
- LinkedIn post image size: 1200 x 1200 (desktop) 1200 x 628 (mobile)
- LinkedIn link post size: 1200 x 628
- LinkedIn video size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 (maximum)
- Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes
Get templates for the best social media image sizes to use in 2019
Want to save some time and problems on your favourite social networks? Then download the Photoshop templates below.
Think of these templates as cheat sheets to help you eliminate guesswork by sizing your images for social networks. Using them will ensure that your images are displayed optimally, without unwanted clipping or resolution problems.